The Goal is seeking a Technical Project Manager for a Healthcare institute in Fairfax, VA.
Ideally, we'd like to hire an experienced, results-oriented technical program manager capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. The mission Use technology to collect better data for cancer research.
Our client has built mobile applications that work with embedded technologies used to collect data for medical research. This data is then digested via their data analytics engine and used by scientists and physicians to create better medicines for cancer. We are looking to hire a Dev Ops / QA Project Manager to ensure that all these technologies are communicating efficiently and effectively.
Role and Responsibilities
- The selected candidate will help manage 10-15 projects at a time in support of our DevOps and QA teams.
- This is an ideal role for a seasoned PM with experience working in product driven, software development focused environments.
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers to identify and solve real-world customer problems and business opportunities.
- Collaborate with senior engineers throughout the company to determine the best practices for architecting, building, testing, and deploying mobile software solutions/components.
- Encourage experimentation and pushing innovative technology solutions.
- Assist the Product Team with backlog refinement, planning the cycles and sprints, and ensuring that work flows smoothly to the team.
- Facilitate planning, daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives.
- Identify and eliminate obstacles that prevent the team from achieving their goals.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution to build a trusting and safe environment.
- Empower the team to self-organize and to continually improve performance
- Coordinate and facilitate necessary collaborations in order to obtain answers, provide direction, or eliminate roadblocks during product development
- Assist with preparing and maintaining metrics and artifacts associated with development progress and productivity (e.g., burn-down charts, burn-up charts, team velocity, bug resolution)
- Lead the effective and efficient delivery of the large, complex projects by anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, making trade offs, and balancing the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders all while driving effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across cross-matrix organization is critical to the success of this role.
- 5 years technical experience in web & mobile space.
- PMP or PMI-ACP certification
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experienced working with Jira (building and reporting using JQL, filters, dashboards etc)
- Experienced with building reports, using reporting tools that work on Jira to track project performance and team management over a period of time.
- Experience with resolving issues that come up in technical projects related to deployments, prioritization, dependency management, resource allocation, cost management, time management, training, partner management etc.
- The ability to stick to strict deadlines and schedules while communicating any potential issues in advance to leadership team
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
- Must be strong at writing and organizing thoughts on paper/PowerPoints