The Goal is seeking a Senior Project Manager to support our Federal client located in downtown Washington, D.C. The Project Manager will provide planning and supervisory services for multiple task orders under a large, multi-year software development contract that will support multiple modes/divisions within federal agency.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading a diverse portfolio of Information Technology projects from project kickoff through closeout using a matrixed resource team and multiple subcontractors.
- Managing capture efforts for the multi-award BPA.
- Coordinating with team members to gather and analyze information.
- Conducting research using available tools and direct customer engagement.
- Updating our capture tools with current data.
- Helping to prioritize opportunities and make bid/no-bid decisions.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all project stakeholders.
- Conducting key project management functions, including:
- Resource management and planning, including ensuring that resources are skilled, motivated, and content in the company and their ability to obtain career goals.
- Risk and Issue management, including quickly identifying and escalating customer risks, issues and concerns and achieving timely resolution of same.
- Quality management, in accordance with PMI, ISO, ITIL and other industry recognized best practices.
- Creation of project plans and schedules, including the monitoring of project progress against critical milestones.
- Communications management both internally and externally via formal communication plans.
- Conducting internal and external status meetings with the project team, company management, and senior-level customers.
- Managing and reporting on project progress, risks/issues, financials and budgets.
- Contributing to continuous improvement and documentation of company standard methodologies and best practices.
- Driving cross-functional project teams including partners/subcontractors towards the successful completion of project objectives using delegation, influence and clear communication.
Key Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated success managing complex information technology projects for Federal Government clients, including consistently achieving all cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Experience establishing and growing productive relationships with senior-level clients. Capable of effectively interfacing with both internal and external personnel at every level of the organization.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Comprehensive understanding of project planning, including management of project budgets, margins, rates, and the interplay between them.
- Experience or deep familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience developing processes and procedures and using portfolio management approaches and tools.
Preferred capabilities include:
- Active PMP (Project Management Professional) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Agile software development certification(s).
- Experience or familiarity with Federal government contracting and procurement processes.