The Goal is seeking a Sr. Java Developer for our client in Arlington, VA.
- Provides competent leadership, expertise, and specialized technical analysis to complex software engineering challenges.
- Designs, implements, deploys and maintains exemplar solutions, using technologies and industry standards widely used at the organization. Creates prototypes and performs feasibility analysis to investigate the appropriateness of introducing specific technologies/approaches currently not in use in the organization.
- Advises on systems analysis and software development activities, including, but not limited to,
§ analysis and design;
§ software development cost and schedule estimation;
§ use of software/hardware engineering practices, design techniques, and tools;
§ review of new and legacy systems and various deployment models.
- Analyzes existing systems for documenting as-is state and makes design recommendations for improved efficiency and reduced cost.
- Coordinates the installation, development and management of applications or products.
- Coordinates with the Program Manager to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related discipline
- 10+ years of recent and related software development and systems analyst experience
- Expert use of Eclipse IDE (or equivalent)
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and tuning of application servers
- Experience in project management and software engineering disciplines
- Experience with Cloud based software application development
- Experience with Agile delivery
- Expertise in: Accessible UI design, responsive design, aspect-oriented programming and mobile application development
- Defect prevention and vulnerability testing technologies
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Tomcat / WebLogic
- Familiarity with:
§ Oracle 11g, 12c, and Application Express (APEX)
§ Data visualization (D3.js or similar)