The Goal is seeking a Sr Analyst to support out client in McLean, VA.
The Analytics team serves as internal consultants to key functions across the business, with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team consists of both embedded subject matter authorities (like this role), who serve as strategic advisors to key stakeholders and technical guides, who are proficient in Tableau, R, SAS and MicroStrategy. The team is fully integrated within the business functions in order to ensure close partnerships and to effectively measure and drive company performance.
You will develop, measure and monitor the ongoing commercial, pricing and product initiatives. As core analytics partner to the business, this role will be relied upon to actively recommend approaches for tests and measurements while applying advanced statistical techniques. Frequently developing executive and cross-functional readouts.
More specifically, you will:
- Utilize forecasting techniques and forecast engine to deliver commercial, pricing and product analysis.
- Develop strong business partner and cross-functional relationships, including but not limited to marketing, digital, customer and product teams.
- Curate broad reaching analysis and recommendations around current pricing structures, customer behavior, and competitive behavior and distribution capabilities.
- Collaborate and strategize with business teams to design, develop and measure optimal price and product enhancements with key focus on enterprise value creation (ROI) or net impact.
- Partner with business to continuously defining key measurements and relative metrics.
- Measure and monitor the performance and effectiveness of current initiatives, and preparing analysis and insights to guide discussions during executive and cross-functional reviews.
- Maintain the integrity of the forecast and pricing models while continually improving or developing new approaches.
- Run queries to pull data extracts, synthesize analyses, and interpret trends and variances.
- Participate in special projects and other related duties as assigned by manager.
- Support new hire training, mentors new hires, and helps to improve team's analytical and technical skills.
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Two (2) years of professional experience in roles creating and analyzing reports, gathering reporting requirements, developing reports and dashboards
- Two (2) years working with data representation, storytelling, analyses, and modeling
- One (1) year of forecasting, pricing or product analysis experience
Nice to Have's:
- Three (3) years of professional experience
- Ability to balance and translate complex analytical methodologies into organizational and business objectives
- Expertise with BI and data tools (including SQL, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience in advanced analytic techniques, particularly R or Python