The Goal is seeking a Software Engineer for a client in Reston, Virginia.
We are looking for a developer to help build and maintain tools and applications used for the collection, processing, and management of big data. A candidates for this role will be well versed in backend application development using .Net/C# on Windows and Linux. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment where day to day tasks will include development and support for potentially dozens of small applications and services, across a wide range of tools and environemtns.
- Work collaboratively with the team to understand requirements and determine how to satisfy them.
- Architect creative solutions to complex technical problems that span multiple technologies, teams, and departments.
- Research and learn technologies and methodologies pertinent to the system.
- Buil new features and capabilities.
- Ensure that their contributions exceed the expectations of their team and their customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area as well as 3 or more years of experience
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience developing applications using .Net and/or C#
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Comfortable working with both Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Ability to suggest design options for concept product features or enhancements
- Working knowledge and experience with AWS or similar cloud hosting environments is desirable