The Goal is looking to hire a Java Developer to join our team in Rockville, MD.
The main function of a Java Developer is to design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Leverage industry Java best practices to design, test, implement and support a multi-tier origination Java solution
- Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
- 7-8 years of experience with JEE/Web development skills
- Strong object oriented skills with emphasis on architectural and design patterns.
- Web app development experience across all layers of the stack.
- Competent in Java, Preferred JDK 8, logging, unit testing, etc.
- Strong exposure to back-end frameworks/technologies: Spring (DI, Transaction management, AOP), Hibernate, CXF (Soap related), Spring (REST with JSON), Spring Boot
- Full life cycle development infrastructure using; GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, Docker
- Database experience including object design, object management and SQL
- Complete lifecycle experience (development & production support) Implement and manage continuous delivery systems Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Exposure to automated testing frameworks
- Comfortable with Linux command line