Software Security Engineer
The main function of an Application Security Engineer is to assess software security by performing security testing, participate in code reviews and work in partnership with software development teams to ensure that appropriate software security controls have been designed and built within applications.
- Perform software security testing at a unit, functional, and system wide level
- Perform manual and/or automated secure code reviews
- Lead threat modeling activities
- Assist development teams in designing, developing and implementing integrated software security solutions Conduct security risk analysis of business and technology projects
- Participate, as needed, in documenting software security standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Act as Software Security resource on assigned projects
- Create reusable software security artifacts
- Develop and/or deliver software security focused training
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- 4+ years experience in IT arena;
- 2+ years programming/development experience with Java, Python, or other open source languages.
- 2+ years experience in Security focused role (Applications Security arena is big plus)
- Ethical Hacker mindset.
- Experience performing automated and/or manual code reviews
- Experience in a group development environment as a software engineer or QA engineer or build/release engineer
- Experience with interpreting policies and appropriately applying them to projects
- Experience writing technology-specific best practices