The Goal is looking to hire a Security Engineer to join our team in Rockville, MD.
The main function of a Security Engineer is to plan, coordinate, and implement security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure of information. A typical data security administrator is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
- Participate in security compliance efforts
- Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required 8+ years experience required
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Consistent implementation of security solutions
- Experience in infrastructure or application-level vulnerability testing and auditing