Reverse Malware Engineer
The Malware Reverse Engineers will assist analysts with complex signature data as well as binary, mobile, executable code leading to the detection of a variety of threat types including malware and potentially advanced persistent threats.
- Review malicious applications and SDKs by analyzing, unpacking and reverse engineering software that compromises Android devices.
- Utilize tools like IDA Pro to come to decisions on whether binaries are malicious or not.
- Understand techniques utilized by malicious software to tamper with user devices and make removal more difficult.
- Develop techniques for extracting features and clustering malicious applications by origin and family.
- Write reports to document findings, perform data analysis, and create detection routines for different internal pipelines.
- Min./Good/Excellent understanding Google platform
Professional Experience and Education
- A Bachelor’s Degree/master’s in computer science, computer engineering, CS, or information systems, or related discipline with 2-6 years of demonstrated experience. In lieu of a degree, eight (8) years of demonstrated experience is required.
- Good experience in iOS / Android development
- Demonstrated experience and/or training in using both static and dynamic tools/techniques to analyze and reverse-engineer malware, to include: Binary Ninja, Immunity Debugger, Ollydbg, Windbg, Ida Pro, and/or Ghidra.
Work location: 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043