The Goal is looking to hire a Research Analyst (Data) to join our team in Rockville, MD.
- Responsible for the design and validation of complex multi-market and multi-product analytical and/or advanced data abstraction models for as well as performing ad hoc analysis in support of Market Regulation Department (“MRD”) surveillance program.
- Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for designing statistical, market reconstruction, and/or data abstraction models for detecting potential violations of SEC, Client, and SRO-specific rules for Client Exchanges with which Client entered into Regulatory Service Agreements (“RSA”) and across various financial products (e.g. equity, options, and fixed income securities).
- The candidate will be responsible for working with large volumes of data to identify instances or patterns of potentially volatile market activities, as well as detecting and understanding trends in the market place.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and validation of quantitative surveillance models for detecting market manipulation and market conduct rule violations leveraging large volumes of data.
- Support of the market data abstraction layer which is designed to provided uniformed, pre-linked, and pre-analyzed view of the market data for MRD surveillance patterns and analytical tools.
- Contribute to the evolution of the MRDs’ surveillance program responsive to market trends and developments.
- Provide efficient quantitative support for market studies, examinations, and ongoing investigations.
- Assist in performing regulatory impact assessments of the industry’s, Client’s, and RSA clients’ initiatives on the MRD’s surveillance and examination programs. Adapt MRD’s surveillance and examination program to new rules and initiatives.
- Support management and other areas to inform internal and external constituents on overall program vision, strategy, operations, processes, and implementation status.
- Engage team members and management to identify issues and problems and to devise solutions. Work with other groups to develop risk scores, profiles, peer comparisons, financial performance, exposures against limits, and other risk analyses.
- Support comprehensive and successful execution of the team’s programs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Lead and participate in special projects and initiatives, as requested.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Ensure all assigned activities are completed according to prescribed policies and standards.
- Coordinate and provide status reports of assigned tasks or projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable business activities and continuously strive to improve skillset.
- Fulfill administrative reporting tasks.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Statistic, with a minimum of four years of work experience. Advanced degree is highly desirable. Experience can be substituted for an advanced degree.
- Strong financial and risk analytical skills and have some experience in operations and risk modeling fields, as well as comfort in analyzing large amounts of data in an efficient manner.
- Strong knowledge of financial engineering to develop, maintain and/or validate models used for valuation, forecasting, portfolio construction, and risk management covering a wide range of financial instruments, including equities, fixed income, options, futures, commodities, and currencies.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques, pattern recognition, outlier detection algorithms, and predictive modeling