Database Developer (PostgreSQL)
The Goal is seeking a Database Developer in the Rockville, MD area. We are looking for a Developer that will be migrating multiple databases and data sources into a PostgreSQL Database. The ideal candidate will have AWS experience and migration of multiple data sources into Postgre SQL database.
- Five or more years as a hands-on technologist with a good mix of application development and database development.
- Strong in SQL and PL/pgSQL experience in a Postgres 9.x/10.x UNIX-based environment.
- 3 or more years of UNIX shell scripting experience.
- Strong understanding of performance analysis, tuning and optimization
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves to do the research necessary to define data and application requirements.
- Will be expected to support production activities which would require non-business hour availability.
- Must be familiar and stay current with industry best practices and trends related to data ingestion and database design/development.
- Must be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and implement new Data technologies as needed.
- Must be willing and able to support application/database development throughout the software lifecycle from requirements analysis and design through to implementation and maintenance.
- Must have demonstrated experience in working with other database and application developers to define application architecture/best practices.
Highly Desired Skills:
- AWS RDS experience
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum application team
Other Skills of Interest:
- Oracle Experience
- Financial Industry experience.