The Goal is seeking Software Developers for a technology institute in Bethesda, MD.
You will help provide systems development, maintenance and modernization support to this client’s web-based grants management system. The successful candidate will work in an Agile and fast-paced environment supporting scientists, researchers, and IT professionals whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
The developer will participate in all software development activities such as research, design, development and maintenance of web-based systems. This candidate will be responsible for performing complex development tasks involving working with several medium-to-large SQL Server databases and supporting dependent applications and maintenance efforts. Must be very detailed-oriented with strong development and unit testing skills, and work to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data in multiple database environments.
The candidate must have experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, XML and GitHub or other Source Control systems. The candidate must be proactive in analyzing and solving production issues. This person will provide guidance to less experienced developer personnel, and will interact frequently with customers, subordinates and functional peer groups at various management levels. The candidate must be a good communicator with an ability to communicate technical results to the development team as well as other contract teams. It is imperative that the candidate be able to effectively manage priorities, requirements, and risks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Applicants will qualify for Software Developer position with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) as well as 7+ years of related experience to include web development using C#, .NET Framework, XML, SQL/TSQL, IIS, SQL Server, and Github as well as Unit Testing experience. Suitable combination of education, training and experience is acceptable. Experience may have been gained before, during or after degree.
• Must have experience developing web applications in C#, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server, TFS, UML
• Must be experienced with Object Oriented Design and use of Design Patterns
• Must be experienced with designing databases
• Must have production support experience • Must be experienced in SQL/TSQL and database access using various components
• Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
• Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
• Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently and proactively in achieving team and individual objectives
• Must be able to understand the business uses of data and develop designs and specifications to meet those requirements
• Experienced developing and maintaining solutions architecture documents
• Must be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a PUBLIC TRUST