The Goal is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support a client in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
- Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation; Support building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones, through use of automation tooling
- Provide hands-on support for the ongoing development of Infrastructure-As-Code(IAC) and support operation and maintenance team.
- Responsible for analyzing infrastructure automation requirements and code development
- Scripting to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis (using Chef, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
- Working with Red Hat product stack, virtualization, API development, middleware, storage, messaging, and cloud technology.
- Design and develop reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product.
- Deploy and decommission client environments for multi and single tenant hosted applications following established processes and procedures.
- Monitor system and application performance to detect errors, apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g. diagnostic software) and provide interpretation of data. Install and configure NIM Server (NIM Server Administration) and Satellite Server
- Experience building and releasing IAC in a controlled environment with an understanding of full-lifecycle configuration management.
- Experience with version control systems (GIT), configuration management (i.e. Chef), central logging and monitoring solution (i.e. Solarwinds)
- Experience with HashiCorp tooling (Terraform, Packer, Vault) Experience with Ruby, Bash, and other common scripting languages.
- Must have experience with DevOps concepts and automation skills Experience with RHEL, Windows operating systems.
- Experience with NIM and Satellite ServerBe flexible and be willing to quickly learn new tools/methods
- Strong team player, and also be able to work independently
- Experience with IBM PowerVC/Openstack
- Experience with DB2, SQL, Oracle
- Experience with high availability architectures and concepts (HACMP/PowerHA)
- Experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts including TSM
- Experience with strategies for database backups, file system backups
- Experience with CI/CD testing and deployment tools such Jenkins, GIT
- Experience with various Firewall architectures and Network Security concepts