IT Business Analyst
The Goal is seeking a Business Analyst to support our client in Arlington, VA.
You will work with a team of technical architects, infrastructure analysts, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to determine needs, gather requirements, develop mission metrics, assess solution readiness, perform research and analysis, and provide program support. Specific areas of focus include but are not limited to: portfolio management, predictive metrics reporting, audit and internal controls, sourcing and acquisitions support, financial management, and training. The candidate will demonstrate excellent client engagement skills with the ability to quickly develop relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with business process and mapping
- Assess and maintain an enterprise view of the business, ensuring traceability from organizational strategy to enterprise solutions
- Identify functional issues, interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies within the organization
- Provide project updates and technical documentation (i.e. business needs statements, technical specifications, etc.) to clients and stakeholders
- Create and maintain various process and architecture diagrams
- Capture metrics that support the organizations IT governance processes
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and capture the relationships among roles, capabilities, and business units
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience working for government as a consultant or similar environment
- Demonstrated experience with gathering requirements, compiling metrics, assessing solution readiness, performing research and analysis, and providing program support
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) processes (i.e., Agile methodologies), and operational experience with program/project metrics tracking and reporting.
Experience with Market Research efforts and evaluating technologies
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support
- Solid oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations
- Problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing, or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio) and project management software (e.g., Primavera, or similar)