Location: Rockville, MD
Experience: 4 to 6 years in AWS Operations
The AWS operational support engineer will support operations for AWS hosted platforms and some on premise systems for the World's largest financial data set. This person will be responsible for big data processing and meeting SLA (Service License Agreement) for critical systems. Supported technologies include UNIX, Windows, Oracle, Postgres, MSSQL, AWS (EMR, EC2, S3, RDS), AWS CloudWatch, Batch Scheduling (JAMS), SQS, and Python.
The position presents an excellent opportunity to implement automation and apply other DevOps solutions. This includes development and application onboarding for the Auto-datafix framework, and regular involvement in operational enhancement development.
- Technology operations experience
- Experience in assisting customers (application teams) with operational issues triage and application deployment troubleshooting
- AWS experience (Our team heavily utilizes many services provided by AWS and is continuously evolving along with AWS innovation.)
- Experience supporting applications in AWS at an enterprise level. Specifically working with EC2, S3, RDS, EBS Volumes, ELB and Security Groups
- Experience providing support for Linux/Unix systems
- Experience providing support for Windows systems
- Proficient programming with Python
- Standard work hours and occasional week end support is required
- Oncall rotation is required (once every 6-7 weeks)
- Database experience with SQL (MSSQL, PL/SQL, or Postgres)
- Batch Scheduling experience is desired
- Knowledge of setup/provisioning of server environments (SDLC) in support of application releases
- Systems integration experience desired (We have many integrated applications. This position will provide support to application teams for establishing connectivity between systems during design, development, and operation.)
- Experience with application deployment.
- Experience with automated deployment tools is a plus.
Other Qualities: Self-motivated, responsible, reliable, effective communicator, good task management, and commitment towards assigned tasks.